Just some things that have passed through my mind lately:
* If catcher is a position of mostly back-ups, I’d just as soon see what Josh Thole can do, maybe sooner than later.
* If first base is a platoon between Daniel Murphy and Fernando Tatis, I’d like to see what Murphy can do against left-handed pitching.
* David Wright ended last season stepping into the bucket after he was beaned. I hope he’s over that. Fear can quickly derail a career.
* I just wonder where Carlos Beltran would be had he had surgery in September.
* I’d like to see them sign John Smoltz for the bullpen, but he still wants to start. He’s worth a shot in either role. Hall of Famers deserve one more shot.