New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said shortstop Ruben Tejada is not operating under “a microscope,’’ but it sure seems that way.
Alderson said there’s enough time remaining in spring training for Tejada to make his mark, but at the same time hasn’t ruled out signing Stephen Drew and rumors continue to percolate on a trade with Seattle for Nick Franklin.
Alderson did not discount Wilmer Flores, either. All this adds up to: Shortstop remains unsettled.
* John Lannan retired the final eight hitters he faced in a 6-4 loss to St. Louis. The Mets are considering him for a bullpen job.
* First basemen Ike Davis (both calves) and Lucas Duda (left hamstring) remain sidelined. It is possible Duda could play as a DH tomorrow. Davis took grounders today, but still has to prove he can run before he plays.
* Reliever Kyle Farnsworth was hit hard again and his chances of making the Opening Day roster are dwindling. Farnsworth has a March 23 out in his contract.
* Daniel Murphy started for the first time since last Friday and went 0-for-3.
* Closer Bobby Parnell is being clocked at 89 mph., but said he’s not concerned.