It was a busy day Monday for the Mets, who concluded their first official workout. Here’s what’s going on:
* Chief Operating Officer Jeff Wilpon said if GM Sandy Alderson thought there was a fit for free-agent shortstop Stephen Drew the Mets would have made the resources available.
* Matt Harvey has conceded missing the season.
* The Mets will wear a patch on their uniform honoring Ralph Kiner.
* Ruben Tejada reported early and manager Terry Collins was impressed by how he looked, saying: “You can tell he’s really worked hard and trimmed down. I asked him how much faster he was. He said, ‘I’ll show you.’ And I said, ‘OK, good.’ He’ll have the chance.’’
* Collins said it’s possible Jenrry Mejia could wind up in the bullpen.
* Prospect Noah Syndergaard threw 97 in his bullpen session. Said Syndergaard: “It’s kind of hard to settle down. I tried to take it easy, but I still was going pretty hard at it.’’
* Chris Young said he doesn’t care where he plays in the outfield, but admitted a preference to center field.