Omar Minaya just finished with us. Among the highlights. Or lowlights, as the case might be:
* Said the Mets’ needs for a starter and catcher are more likely to be filled via free agency than the trade market.
* Despite rumors of Randy Wolf being close to a deal, Minaya said it was his understanding the lefty “is still on the board.”
* Said nothing has changed since yesterday and the team isn’t close to making a move. Today was spent exchanging information. “Nothing is close,” he said.
* For the most part believes the pitchers are on the high side in terms of the years they are asking. That includes Wolf wanting three years.
* To the news Ryan Church was designated for assignment by Atlanta, meaning the Mets won that deal. “I haven’t had many W’s lately. I’ll take it,” he said.