The following Mets were tendered contracts and will go through the arbitration process:
1. Ryan Church (30): Hit .276 with 12 homers, but was ineffective after sustaining a concussion in late May. He’s the projected right fielder.
2. John Maine (27): Season was cut short with shoulder injury that required surgery. Reports have him ready for spring training He’s the projected third starter.
3. Pedro Feliciano (32): Is the primary situational lefty following the trade of Scott Schoeneweis to Arizona.
4. Duaner Sanchez (29): Had problems coming back from two shoulder surgeries. Acquisition of J.J. Putz takes off the pressure. Was pitching brilliantly before injured in 2006.
5. Jeremy Reed (27): Acquired in 12-player deal this week. Is expected to assume departed Endy Chavez’s role.
These players can file from Jan. 5-15. The Mets have to exchange their salary offer by Jan. 19. The hearings are from Feb. 1-21.